When you are planning to grow your very own magic mushroom at home then it is vital that you consider some crucial factors. What you need to have is the right knowledge, skills, and patience. A lot of individuals today grow their own magic mushroom since it is a fun and rewarding hobby. The great thing about growing your own magic mushroom at home is that they are also very easy and cheap to do.
If it is your first time growing your very own magic mushroom then opting for a growth kit is the easiest way. For those people who want to build their very own growing and fruiting kits, then you need to make sure that you will be following some steps. Fortunately, in this article, we will be talking about the important things you need to do for you to grow your own magic mushrooms at home.
There are a number of different things that one needs to have when considering to grow their own magic mushrooms at home. These supplies usually include:
- Rubber or latex gloves
- Rubbing alcohol (for sterilization)
- Heating Mat
- Psilocybin Cubensis spore syringes
- Sterilized substrate jars from a grow kit
- DIY fruiting chamber
- Accurate timer outlet. You can buy them from your local grocery or hardware store
- Hygrometer or thermometer. Again, they can be easily bought from hardware stores.
- Mushroom drying kit
Making your very own substrate jars
First of all, you need to combine a ⅔ cup of vermiculite and ¼ cup water in a mixing bowl. This is needed for each jar that you will be making. You need to drain the excess water using a disinfected strainer. You also need to add ¼ cup brown rice flour to the mixing bowl with the moist vermiculite. Once you have the mixture ready then you can then place them inside the jars, see to it that you will not be packing them too tightly. You can fill the jars around a one-half inch from the rim. Then make sure that you sterilize the remaining half inch with rubbing alcohol. Now, top the jars off with a layer of dry vermiculite. This will help in insulating the substrate away from any contaminants.
1. Correct lighting
Artificial or natural light is required when growing magic mushrooms. If you will choose to use natural light then you need to rotate the chamber regularly. The frequent rotation needs to be done so that there is equal growth in all sides of the chamber that you have. When you choose to use artificial light, be sure to use a timer. It is necessary that you simulate the natural lighting patterns of the day. You have to make sure as well that you have a 12 hour in and a 12 hour off cycle.
2. The right temperature
The right temperature is necessary when growing magic mushroom. See to it that you have a constant temperature of 75-85°F (24-30°C). You can monitor the temperature that the chamber has once you place a thermometer on it. If the temperature is too low then you can use a heating pad to achieve the right levels.
3. Exact humidity level
You also have to make sure that you will maintain a humidity that is around 95 percent. For your magic mushrooms to grow, it needs to have high humidity levels. Misting your fruit chamber with water occasionally should be done by you to achieve proper humidity. You can also monitor the humidity levels by checking them every once in a while using a hygrometer.
Steps on growing your magic mushrooms
- The first thing that you need to do so to poke holes on the lid of your substrate jars. You have to make sure that they are evenly spaced around the lid. See to it that you will be using a sterilized nail and hammer when creating these holes.
- The next thing that you need to do is to sterilize the syringe. This is done before you inject the spores into the sterilized substrates. It is also important to divide the liquid into four quarters which means that there should be one in each hole in the lid.
- Once you are done then you have to let the jars incubate for 3-4 weeks. You will see a substrate that will turn fully white by the end.
- What you need to next is to remove the lids from the jars. See to it that you will wear gloves while doing this one. Flip the substrate to your hands then place it into your fruiting chamber. You can now allow the fruiting stage it begins.
- The next step is to wait for your mushrooms to grow. You need to make sure that your mushrooms will be 4 times larger their initial size before you can actually pick them.
- When harvesting arrives then o have to place your shrooms in your drying kit. You need to make sure that you will be drying it for 36 hours. Once your mushrooms are all dried up then they are now ready to be eaten.
Psychedelics should not be used as a substitute for alcohol or cannabis nor do you want to mix them. Different people have a different experience when it comes to using magic mushrooms. There are some that will have a positive experience but there are also others that will have the exact opposite. Be careful with dosing shrooms and make sure that you do some research before you consume a certain amount or dosage. Bad trips and nightmarish visions can happen if you are not careful with taking or consuming shrooms.
When planning to grow your very own magic mushroom then be sure that you will secure them in a safe place. Make sure that the children will not have access to it. Children have totally different metabolisms from adults so they might have different reactions when ingesting accidentally these magic mushrooms. Enjoy growing your own magic mushroom!
Check out these finest dried shrooms and other magic mushroom products here at ShroomsDirect!