You can find a lot of individuals today who are truly interested in growing their own psychedelic mushrooms. This is because growing your own psychedelic mushroom is much easier than going to the wild and hunting for the right species of mushrooms. Also, growing your own psychedelic mushrooms mean that it is much safer. You are eliminating the risk of consuming poisonous mushrooms because you know that the strain that you have cultivated is indeed a 100% psychedelic mushroom or magic mushroom.
There are materials or supplies that you need in order to grow your own psychedelic mushrooms. One of the most commonly used materials when the growing psychedelic mushroom is a pressure cooker. However, using a pressure cooker can be very expensive. Also, it is harder to find a pressure cooker in some areas of the country. Is it still possible to grow psychedelic mushrooms without a pressure cooker? Well, the answer to that is yes.
This article should be able to provide you with tips and instructions on how to grow psychedelic mushroom without a pressure cooker. It is our aim to make the instructions very easy to follow. Also, we will give you information about all the things that you need in order for you to start growing magic mushrooms or psychedelic mushrooms.
Sterilization is very important when growing magic mushrooms. Keep in mind that molds and bacteria can easily multiply in a moist environment. This is why one of your objectives should be able to plant psychedelic mushrooms without the presence of molds and bacteria. Take note that molds and bacteria can harm the quality and potency of your psychedelic mushrooms. A pressure cooker is used in order to sterilize your substrate. But then again, this article will discuss how to grow your own psychedelic mushrooms without the use of a pressure cooker.
Supplies that You Need
- Drinking or canning jars
- Brown rice
- Spore print syringe
- Aluminum foil
- Big pot with a lid
Before you start the process of growing your very own psychedelic mushroom, it is critical that you maintain cleanliness at all times. It is important that you wash your hands first before touching your supplies. Use an antibacterial soap and warm water when washing your hands. Then you need to rub it with alcohol (isopropyl). Make sure that all the materials and the supplies that you need are within your reach. Aside from making sure that everything is clean, it is also important that you keep things organized. Organizing your supplies is necessary in order for you to work efficiently.
Steps in Growing Psychedelic Mushroom
- You need to prepare your substrate first. Use your jar and place the brown rice flour and vermiculite. There are also other psychedelic mushroom growers out there who are using cow dung or coffee ground instead of brown rice flour. In every 150 mil vermiculite, make sure that you add 50 ml of brown rice flour. Then add water. You need to make sure that you do not put in too much water. Stir the mixture well and make sure that you drained the excess water.
- You will then get an aluminum foil and put it in the middle of the jar. Make sure that you poke 4 holes into the very edge of each lid. Use hammer and nail when poking for holes. You will then fold the edges of the aluminum foil and make sure that you press them together.
- Time to sterilize your substrate. Since we will not be using a pressure cooker, what you need is a big pot with a lid. Using this method is as effective as using a pressure cooker, except that you boil the jars that contain your substrate into the big pot. Make sure that you cover the pot and turn the heat on up to an hour and a half. Bear in mind that evaporation can happen and so you need to add some water from time to time. Let it cool for 6 hours but it is recommended that you let it cool overnight.
- After the pot has cooled down, you are now ready to sterilize your spore syringe. Use an alcohol lamp and then make sure that you shake the spore syringe to avoid any spore clumps. Pierce the foil using the needle and then push the plunger and inject the spores. Repeat the steps to all jars.
- Then it is time for you to incubate the substrate. Make sure that you keep your substrate in an area where there is less moisture. It should be dark and warm. Be observant and check your jars or containers from time to time. Check if there are any shrooms popping out after 3 to 5 days. When the hats have fully opened, then it is time for you to harvest the psychedelic mushrooms.
Can’t wait for your own shrooms to be harvest ready? Get the best-selling dried shrooms and other mushroom products here at ShroomsDirect!