The psychedelic effects of magic mushroom make it very appealing to many people and have earned it quite a following in the world of recreational drugs. The commended psychoactive properties of the mushroom coupled with the fact that it is natural and not laboratory manufactured, unlike most substances, gave it even more allure in the eyes of many people.
You might have heard of mushroom cultivation as a rising trend among avid fans and users of magic mushrooms. There are plenty advantages to be had from growing them on your own, and perhaps, the best of these advantages is being sure that you have a steady supply of shrooms for your own consumption because although these fungi grow all year round, they are not always readily available.
Contrary to what many people believe, growing magic mushrooms is not that complicated; you may even find it to be a worthy and pretty rewarding feat. There are techniques that you can understand and follow without so much difficulty; one of them is the PK-Tek.
The PK-Tek is a very comprehensible method of growing mushrooms indoors that encourages the growth of magic mushrooms by mimicking the environment and conditions that are essential for their development. In order to replicate these settings, you need to create a substrate and get your hands on a spore syringe. To make the substrate, all you need are vermiculite, brown rice flour, and water. But where can you get the spore syringe?
Purchase Online or From Local Suppliers
A spore syringe is basically a syringe that contains spores suspended in sterile water. These spores are injected into a substrate to facilitate mushroom growth.
Spore syringes can be purchased online. The Internet proves to be an accessible and convenient market for people who are looking for spores of the various species to nurture and cultivate. However, if local shroom dealers and suppliers are available, it is better to order from them rather than from web markets to eliminate the need for shipping. This is due to the fact that dried shrooms and other forms of magic mushrooms are still considered illegal in most countries, including the U.S and Canada.
Make Your Own
For those who are already into mushroom cultivation or those who have acquaintances involved in growing magic mushrooms, making a spore syringe is another option. The process is not very complicated. Just remember to work under very sterile conditions to avoid contamination of any form.
The first thing needed to make a spore syringe is a spore print, which should be relatively simple.
First, take a mushroom and sever the mushroom cap from the stem by cutting it. Put the cap on a piece of paper or aluminum foil with the gills facing downwards. Pour a drop of water on the top part of the cap to aid in the release of the spores and cover the cap with a bowl or a glass. Leave it that way for 2 to 24 hours. The spores will fall on the paper or foil, resulting in a spore print pattern.
When a spore print is already available, the process of making the spore syringe can begin.
- Before anything else, make sure that the water and the glass flask are sterilized. When that’s done, fill the flask halfway with water and seal the opening with tin foil so air can’t get in.
- Take a pressure cooker and put the flask inside. Heat until the pressure reaches 15psi and then lower the heat. Keep it there for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn off the heat and let the flask and the water cool down to room temperature. This should take a few hours but the wait is necessary because going through the process while the water is still hot might kill the spores.
- Prepare and sterilize all your materials.
- Take the foil cover off the flask and with the tweezers, put the spore print directly above the opening of the flask.
- Use a scalpel to scrape a portion of the spore prints into the water.
- Place the tip of the syringe on the surface of the water and fill it up. Empty the syringe contents back into the water and fill it up again. This will help ensure that the spores are distributed throughout the water. Repeat this process when you add more spores into the water.
- Fill a syringe and leave it for 3 days at room temperature, allowing the spores to hydrate.
- After 3 days, store the syringe in an airtight vacuum bag or inside the fridge. The spore syringes can be used for a span of 2 – 6 months.
These steps on making your own spore syringe and the materials needed are very affordable and accessible. With the right substrate, the right conditions, and a lot of patience, you can start the feat of growing magic mushrooms within the comfort and convenience of your home.