Growing your own psychedelic mushrooms can be very fun and rewarding. It offers multitudes of benefits that you will surely appreciate as a magic mushroom or psychedelic mushroom enthusiasts. One of the best things about growing your own psychedelic mushrooms is that it eliminates the risk of eating poisonous mushrooms. The truth is, psychedelic mushrooms and poisonous mushrooms look similar. Finding mushrooms in the wild can be very dangerous, especially if you are not familiar with the different species of mushrooms.
Instead of risking your health and even your life searching for mushrooms in the wild, why not grow them. Numerous individuals are rummaging the Internet searching for tips and tricks on how to grow their own psychedelic mushrooms. The good news is, this article can give you accurate and helpful guidelines on what you need to grow psychedelic mushrooms. Follow these guidelines and growing your very own psychedelic mushrooms becomes a lot easier and less complicated.
You might think that growing your own psychedelic mushrooms can be intimidating, but the truth is, it is not. Yes, cultivating psychedelic mushrooms is indeed a walk in the park so long as you do your research and that you need what you need. Remember that you need to create an idea environment condition in order for these psychedelic mushrooms to grow. They usually grow in tropical areas or damp forests. You can also see psychedelic mushrooms popping out from cow or buffalo dung. It is essential that you know how to set up the environment and that you prepare all the materials that you need before you start growing these shrooms.
What Do I Need When Growing Psychedelic Mushrooms?
First of all, you need to make sure that you gather all of your materials before you start. Being organized can make your work more efficient and you will be able to cultivate psychedelic mushrooms in no time. Take note of these supplies:
- Spore syringe – you can easily find them online or in your local stores. You need to make sure that they contain the species that you want to grow.
- Vermiculite – in order for your substrate to retain its moisture, you need to have this medium. You can also easily find them in local home improvement stores near you. Buying perlite is also essential in order to provide sufficient air to your s psychedelic mushrooms,
- Pressure cooker – you can order online or you can just go to your local store. Be sure that you buy this one since pressure cooker is the one that you will use in sterilizing your substrate.
- Canning jars or containers – choose those jars that have wide lids
- Aluminum foil – you can buy these anywhere
- Brown rice flour – for this setup, we will choose brown rice flour as our substrate
- Large Tupperware – this will serve as your humidity chamber
- Alcohol lamp – when growing or cultivating psychedelic mushrooms, it is important that we sterilize the needles and materials
Things You Need to Do
- First of all, it is essential that you mix the psychedelic mushrooms substrate first. Be sure that you know the right measurement or ratio when mixing substrate. The substrate is that one the will provide nutrition to your psychedelic mushrooms. Aside from using brown rice, you can also use ground coffee or even cow dung. Add the brown rice, vermiculite, and water.
- After mixing the substrate, the next thing that you need to do is to fill the canning jars with a substrate. Work cleanly and neatly. Remember not to pack the substrate too tightly in the jar. Make sure that the jars or the containers are loosely-filed. And make sure that you leave half an inch of space between the jar and the substrate that you have mixed earlier. The remaining space is for the vermiculite.
- It’s time for you to get the pressure cooker and start the sterilization process. When growing or cultivating psychedelic mushrooms, it is critical that you get to remove all the contaminants from the jars. Your goal is to make sure that no molds or bacteria will go inside the container. Protect your psychedelic mushrooms at all cost. Place the containing jar in the pressure cooker and then heat it up. Let the jars sterilize inside the pressure cooker for at least an hour.
- Then turn off the heat and remove the jar from the pressure cooker.
- Time to heat the syringe and push the plunger that contains the spore prints or solution into the substrate
- Repeat steps until you place all the spore prints into all your jars. Remember to replace the foil.
- You will then incubate the inoculated substrates and keep it in a warm and dark environment. You should be able to see psychedelic mushrooms pop in around 3-4 days. And by 3-5 weeks, you should be able to see the psychedelic mushrooms completely colonizing the substrate.
Now that you’ve mastered how to grow psychedelic mushrooms, it’s time to learn how to prepare your own dried shrooms and other magic mushroom products!